Saturday, July 30, 2022

Another hexagon quilt

I wonder if anyone ever questions why one started something??? Came across another quilt project that I started back in 2017 or there about. And yes, it is another huge quilt done in 0.5 inch hexagons. The final size will be around 2.5 x 2.5 meters. It is one called La Passion and was designed and made by a someone by the name of Grit in Germany on her blog called Grit’s Life. The quilt was posted in sections as a ‘quilt-along’, though it is now available for sale on her website. Of course when I first saw it I downloaded all the sections, and started it. Though I am using Inklingo instead of paper pieces. I would never have even thought of starting it if the only choice was English Paper Piecing, too much work, considering there are about 17,000 hexagons in this quilt.

La Passion fertig_1000x902

 This is what the quilt looks like, though there are many different colour combinations that people have used, and I am using my own colour selections. I have so far done the very center and am working on the section of six hexagon flowers and smaller flowers inside the ring of small flowers. Here is a photo of what I’ve done so far on this quilt.

IMG_2698

Oh, and then there is the insanity of having started the Dear Prudence quilt by Linda White from Australia, with uhm, 1/4 inch hexies. And I have the pattern for her Eleanor Jean quilt as well

. Dear Prudence blog.

 

I really am beginning to question what I was thinking when I started these, specially since there are now 4 hexagon quilts in the making, and that is not yet counting all the other quilt projects hiding somewhere. I do think it is about time I started finishing some of these…. I need more hours in the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment