Friday, August 9, 2024

Getting back to posting

 Well, I think I am again going to try and be more consistent in posting to my blog. Have mostly be posting on Instagram and Facebook in the last couple of years, but since I seem to be talking to thin air there, I might as well talk to thin air on my blog, at least I can write more than on insta or fb.

I have been very busy in the last few weeks trying to sort out all my yarn, both for weaving and knitting, and I have come to the conclusion that I either need to knit faster and get through some of the yarn, or I need to get back to my looms and use up the yarn a bit faster that way. I just need some good inspiration for weaving fabrics for clothing, and most of what I see is people weaving either teatowels, scarves or maybe shawls. I don't need any more teatowels, and I don't do scarves or shawls, and I just can't be bothered with the hassle of selling any, which would mean running to the post office on a regular basis to get things in the mail, and that would be an issue in the winter, since I don't drive on icy or snowy roads.

I have been looking at the patterns that Sarah Howard (Get Weaving, or Wear Your Weaving) has in her Etsy shop, She mostly makes clothes out of fabrics woven on her small table loom, and she does a lot of the weaving with heavier yarns, like knitting yarns, or yarns that she has spun. And that has me now thinking I might get a small table loom that I can use upstairs, but I will think about that some time later this year. I really don't need another loom, but I actually might get more weaving done if I don't have to go downstairs to do it, but who knows.

So, I guess I'd better get working on clearing out the basement/studio so that I can get at my looms, and also have room to wind a warp.

In the meantime I am getting a fair amount of knitting done during my breaks from organizing. This top I just finished, using Butterfly Super 10 cotton, pattern is Moonglow top by Zaneteknits. I just need to finish the ends and block it. Was a fast knit, took less than a week.



No comments:

Post a Comment