Wednesday, July 27, 2022

More quilting

small1

This is another quilt I am working on. This is a photo of a quilt made by Albert Small that I found interesting.

IMG_2692

This is what mine is starting to look like. Yes, I started it about 7 years ago, and it got put aside for several years, but I am now in the process of printing and sorting all the pieces for the different motifs and putting each set in a separated zip bag so that I can just grab a bag and start stitching. Even that is a lot of work, there are a lot of 0.5 inch hexagons in this quilt. I am using the Inklingo 0.5 inch hexagon collection to print the cutting and sewing lines on fabric.

flower basket

The quilt I am actually stitching, besides the Midnight Fireworks one, is this big flower basket quilt. I have done more than what shows on this photo, a large part of the lower left is done, and I am working on the top right part.  I just don’t have the space to spread the whole thing out and then take a picture, it is too big. The hexagons for this quilt are 1 inch ones. I don’t remember when I started this quilt, it is well over 20 years ago. It was started before Inklingo even existed, and even then there was no way I was going to go to the effort of printing (or purchasing) all these pieces of paper for doing English Paper Piecing, so I used a plastic template to cut the pieces and used a smaller template to draw the sewing lines and pieced with the running stitch. But once I got the Inklingo shape collection for this size hexagon I even went so far as to print a page on freezer paper, then ironed the already cut hexagons in place and printed the sewing lines. I figure if I sew at least 10 hexies per day I might get it finished by the end of the year.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment