Thursday, August 23, 2018

Some bobbin lace pieces

I know it has been a while since I posted. I have just been too busy doing/making things.

I have however recently completed these 2 pieces of miniature bobbin lace. Since I used a new thread on the market I think some people might be interested in seeing what it looks like made up. The thread used is Aurifil mako #80 cotton thread, it is the same thickness as Madeira cotona 80, but comes in nice bright colours.

The bright blue piece is a dollhouse sized doily, which I thought when I was working on it was fiddly and I was thinking it was not turning out, but once it was finished and I took it off my lace pillow it turned out just fine. it measures about 1 inch square.



The other one started out as being an edging supposedly for a doily, which I thought would make a good practice piece in Binche type lace, something which I have been studying for the last few months. A fairly time-consuming very attention demanding type of lace, but then, one never gets bored with this. Once it was finished I thought it was rather small for a doily, but figured it would make a great tablecloth for a miniature dollhouse sized table. It measures about 3.5 inches in diameter.

No comments:

Post a Comment