Sunday, September 13, 2015

It’s been a while…..

  I guess it's been a while since I updated the blog. I just seem to get so busy making things that I forget to add new posts to the blog.

adirondak chairIn May I acquired a new tool, a Silhouette Cameo, and have done a bit of playing with it, though not as much as I thought I would, I guess I just do too many things.
I use it to cut out layers of paper and glue them together to make things. Here are a couple of pictures of the things I have made.

This chair I thought was going to be 1/12 scale for a dollhouse, but it is not really in scale. So I gave it as a decoration to my neighbour. She has several real ones in her front yard. It is a design from the Silhouette America design store.

 cradle 4
The next thing is dollhouse sized, it is made of several layers of heavy paper (watercolour paper), with the decorations being 2 layers of poster board. Then it was stained with gel stain. This was a lot of fun to make. The design was done by Kitty de Leeuw, she send me the file to use with my Cameo. 
Now of course there is a new and better machine out, the Curio, that does fabulous embossing, so that you no longer have to fiddle with tiny little pieces of poster board to make it look like woodcarving. But that machine is going to have to wait a while before I acquire it. Maybe I'll give it to myself for Christmas. In the meantime, I am going to have to find more time to make a few other things, several people have shared cutting files on Facebook, and I am going to have to try some of them. And then I guess I'll have to build some room boxes to display them in.....


rosetta 1
I have done a tiny bit of knitting,  I have now actually finished the dresses I showed in a previous post, added the ribbons and buttons, and have it actually on a doll now, I have also made a third one, which was also a test knit for Helena Bleeker.

baby dress2
This last one is one of the baby dresses by Helena Bleeker, the doll is about the right size for the cradle above. It is knit with YLI silk 100 on 0.7mm needles.

I have done some more quilting too, I finally finished the half round window coverings for the living room. They are done in stained glass appliqué. window covering
I have the ones for the bedroom done too, no picture yet, since I do have to add a couple of strips to the sides of the bottom quilts, they somehow ended up not being quite wide enough. The half round tops are done, Once I get the bottom ones ixed I will take some pictures.

Oh, and I have also finished a wall hanging tapestry for a future dollhouse/room box. It is designed by Annelies de Kort, based on an actual tapestry in the Burell collection. olive garden  It is stitched on 60 count silk gauze with 2 strands of Piper’s silk floss. This floss is not the easiest thread to stitch with, it catches on the slightest roughness. I love stitching with most silk threads, but not this one. Even so, I am busy doing a second one, designed by the same person, also based on a Burell tapestry, of The Last Supper. I’ll post pictures of it when I have a bit more to show for it. 
I am planning on doing several more tapestries, so maybe sometime in the future I will build a gallery type of room box to display them in.But other than the second one mentioned above, the rest will likely be done with Silk Mill threads, as they are much easier to stitch with. the ones I am planning are the 5 Lady and Unicorn tapestries, don’t know if I’ll ever make all 5 of them, they are pretty big, and I do way too many other things…But I have the patterns, I have the gauze, and am collecting the threads needed.

Hopefully I’ll post more often in the future, but don’t count on it, I can’t guarantee that… takes time to make posts,and I’d rather be working on my hobbies.

No comments:

Post a Comment